Potato Cream SoupKITCHENAID
Uses KitchenAid® K150 Blender.
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 3 cups yellow potatoes (3 medium, peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews)
- finely chopped chives (to serve)
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the oil and sauté the onions, celery, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower, broth, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potato and cauliflower are just tender. Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat (to reduce the starch build-up) and allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the cream or cashews, and allow to cool for a few more minutes.
- Pour the soup into your KitchenAid® blender in batches and puree on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, season to taste, and warm it over medium-low heat.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and serve with crusty bread.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories260Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes