- 2 tablespoons seeds (grape, or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 medium cloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 14 1/2 ounces unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced, 1-inch knob)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups filtered water (plus more as needed.)
- 2 cups diced potatoes (peeled and)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (small)
- 2 cups green beans (chopped, 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (finely)
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil and saute the onions and garlic with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent, and starting to brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the cooked onion mixture, canned tomatoes and their juices, cashews, ginger, lemon juice, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, mustard, coriander, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of the salt into the blender jar of the KitchenAid® Power Plus® Blender. Secure the lid, and process for 30 to 60 seconds on variable speed 10 until smooth and creamy.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, add the blended mixture, and stir for about a minute until warmed through and starting to bubble and become fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every minute or so to prevent the mixture from sticking, adding 1/4 cup (60ml) of the 2 cups of filtered water (or more) as needed when the mixture thickens and starts to stick. Add the cauliflower and green beans and cook for a further 30 minutes adding 1/4 cup of the remaining filtered water (or more) as needed. Once the vegetables are cooked through to your liking, remove from the heat, and stir through the cilantro. Add salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, millet (or any other grain of your choice), and garnish with cilantro.