This soup from Western European cuisine is great for when the cold sets in.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large russet potatoes, diced
- 10 cups of chicken broth
- 1 smoked sausage, cut into coins
- 3/4 cup of collard, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of sea salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat
- Add onion and garlic, cook 4 minutes stirring
- Add potatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove seat from heat and puree with immersion blender
- Return to heat, add sausage, collard, salt and pepper and simmer 15 minutes
- Enjoy !!!