- 4 portobello caps (4-inch, about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (finely)
- 1/4 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (finely)
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning (dried)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- cooking spray
- 3 cups french bread (cubed, toasted)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette (divided)
- 4 teaspoons fresh parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and finely chop stems to measure 1/4 cup. Discard remaining stems. Combine 1/4 cup chopped stems, onion, and next 6 ingredients (through garlic).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion mixture to pan; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine onion mixture and bread in a large bowl, tossing to combine. Slowly add broth to bread mixture, tossing to coat. Add feta; toss gently.
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushroom caps using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush mushrooms evenly with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Sprinkle Parmesan and black pepper evenly over mushrooms; top each with 1/2 cup bread mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and greens, tossing gently. Place 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 mushroom.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.