If you are trying to avoid the extra carbs of pizza crust, but desperately needing some gooey goodness, why not try Portobello Mushroom Pizza. Portobello mushrooms create a perfect base for these tasty pizzas. This recipe calls for cherry tomatoes, green and red peppers, homemade tomato sauce with fresh basil leaves and grated mozzarella cheese. This kids will love topping their own small pizzas and you will love the taste without the carbs.
- 5 portobello mushrooms (large)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- tomato sauce (Homemade)
- fresh basil leaves
- cheese (Grated mozarella)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Wash the mushrooms well, remove stems, and use a spoon to remove gills from the underside.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- They will create a lot of water, hence the need to bake before filling.
- Use paper towels to absorb any remaining water in the mushrooms.
- Line the mushroom with basil leaves, cover with a little homemade tomato sauce, and arrange diced peppers cubes and cherry tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, gratin for about 10 minutes.