- 1 fully-cooked boneless ham (about 8 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups port (Ruby or Taylor)
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 8 clove
- 3 tablespoons peppercorns (cracked *)
- 2 lemon (zested **)
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, combine port, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, cloves and peppercorn and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer about 45 minutes or until volume is reduced by half (about 2 cups).
- Loosely wrap ham with foil and place cut-side down in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake at 275 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 80 degrees F.
- Remove foil, leaving the foil on the bottom of the pan. Increase temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees F.
- Brush with glaze, bake 15 minutes, brush again and bake 15 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. Remove from oven, brush with glaze and lemon zest.