If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Port Pear Cake is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 3 pears (William)
- port wine (for poaching)
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- vanilla cream
- Peel pears, remove core and chop.
- Place pears in a saucepan and cover with Port wine.
- Bring wine to a boil and boil for about 15 minutes on low heat.
- If pears are too firm, cook for five additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and let pears cool.
- Beat eggs with sugar until foamy.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and drained pears.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for 20-25 minutes.