Port-Glazed Pork Roast with Apple-Horseradish SaucePork
So many autumn flavors play a role in this elegant pork roast: Make it the centerpiece of a harvest meal. Serve with roasted potato wedges and buttered Brussels sprouts. Pour hot buttered rum or warm apple cider.
- 4 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tawny port
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 10 ounces red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons tawny port
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tart apples (peeled and cored, cut into wedges)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon candy (red cinnamon)
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1Rub meat with mustard, salt, thyme and pepper. Place in large self-sealing bag; add 1/2 cup Port, 1/4 cup soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove pork from marinade and discard marinade; place in shallow roasting pan and roast for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile in a small saucepan, stir together jelly, 2 tablespoons Port and 1 tablespoon soy sauce over medium heat. Pour warm jelly mixture over roast the last 15 minutes more. Slice to serve with Apple-Horseradish sauce.
- 4For Apple-Horseradish Sauce: heat apple wedges, water and lemon juice in medium-size saucepan until boiling. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and red cinnamon candies. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar and candies dissolve. Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate. Stir in 3 tablespoons horseradish before serving. Serves cold or at room temperature.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.