Port-Glazed Pork Roast with Apple-Horseradish SaucePORK
So many autumn flavors play a role in this elegant pork roast: Make it the centerpiece of a harvest meal. Serve with roasted potato wedges and buttered Brussels sprouts. Pour hot buttered rum or warm apple cider.
- For Pork Roast: Rub meat with mustard, salt, thyme and pepper. Place in large self-sealing bag; add 1/2 cup Port, 1/4 cup soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove pork from marinade and discard marinade; place in shallow roasting pan and roast for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, stir together jelly, 2 tablespoons Port and 1 tablespoon soy sauce over medium heat. Pour warm jelly mixture over roast then roast 15 minutes more. Slice to serve with Apple-Horseradish sauce (instructions follow).
- For Apple-Horseradish Sauce: Heat apple wedges, water and lemon juice in medium-size saucepan until boiling. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and red cinnamon candies. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar and candies dissolve. Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate. Stir in 3 tablespoons horseradish before serving. Serves cold or at room temperature.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories410Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes