Port Cheese Mousse (with Figs)Kooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Port Cheese Mousse (with Figs) combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 1/2 package digestive biscuit
- 30 grams butter
- 400 grams cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 50 milliliters port wine
- 50 milliliters milk
- 7 gelatin sheet
- figs (optional)
- 1For the crust, finely crush biscuits and mix with melted butter.
- 2Spread mixture into bottom of a springform pan.
- 3Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- 4For the mousse, soak gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- 5Separate the yolks from the whites.
- 6Beat egg yolks with the sugar until white and foamy.
- 7Add cream cheese and beat well.
- 8In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 9In a saucepan, heat milk over low heat, but do not allow to boil.
- 10Drain the gelatin and add to warm milk and stir until dissolved.
- 11Add port wine to cheese mixture.
- 12Gradually fold in the egg whites.
- 13Mix everything until combined and place mixture in mold and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 14Carefully remove mousse from mold.
- 15Tip: Line sides of mold with plastic wrap before pouring the mixture or pass a thin palette knife along sides of mold before removal.