If you are experiencing the breakfast doldrums lately, here's a way to perk up your morning meal. Cook oats in milk with a pinch of salt, stirring fairly regularly, until the oats are tender and the porridge has thickened up a bit. Sweeten with sugar, honey, or even maple syrup, then divide into bowls, top with golden raisins (or other dried fruit), sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with a smile.
- 100 grams oats (flakes)
- 350 milliliters milk (water or soy milk, I diluted the milk with water to be not so strong)
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or 1 tablespoon of honey, this last is more natural but leaves a stronger flavor!)
- 1 handful sultana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan, add the oats and season with a pinch of salt.
- Let the oatmeal cook, stirring from time to time to not
- stick. Add the sugar or honey and pour it in a bowl.
- Top with golden raisins to taste, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve hot.