- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder (fat trimmed, cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 3 cups sweet potato (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups onions (chopped)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes (fire-roasted, with green Chiles chip, undrained)
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups swiss chard (coarsely chopped and packed, from 1 small bunch)
- 1. Season pork with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place pork, sweet potatoes, onions, tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, and cumin in electric slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook on low-heat setting for 7-1/2 hours.
- 3. Remove pork from slow cooker, and coarsely chop.
- 4. Add peanut butter to liquid in slow cooker, stirring to combine well. Stir in pork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Add the Swiss chard to slow cooker. Cook 5 to 6 minutes longer until chard is tender but still bright green.