Much of this one-dish luncheon or supper meal can be prepared ahead of time: Cook rice, section oranges, chop pecans and cherries, stir together dressing. Simple stir-fry pork at the last minute. Serve with warm dinner rolls.
- 4 boneless pork chops (thinly sliced into strips)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (grated)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 2 oranges (medium, peeled and segmented)
- 1/4 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (coarsely chopped)
- leaf lettuce
- Heat one tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Stir-fry pork strips until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. In a small bowl stir together remaining oil, lemon juice, orange zest, sugar and salt. In a medium bowl, toss together rice, oranges, pecans and cherries with dressing. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter, mound rice in center, top with pork strips and garnish with extra chopped pecans, if desired.