- 1 pound pork loin (fat trimed and cut into cubes about 1 inch square, I used 4 thick pork loin chops)
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika (use Hungarian or Spanish paprika in a tin for best flavor)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (depending on your pan)
- 12 ounces crimini mushrooms (washed and cut into thick slices)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (finely)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds (dried, ground or crushed, optional, but good)
- 1 can tomatoes (petite dice, plus juice, 14.5 oz. can)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (I used my homemade chicken stock)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
YumChef 10 Jun
Was good used sauce instead of tomato’s and yes I will make it again
Kim L. 20 Feb
Very good and easy. I like recipes that you put together and simmer before you put them on the table. This one is so tasty!
Marina Vasileva 2 Jan
amazing !! delicious!
Joe R. 23 Oct 2017
It was great, really enjoyed it!
michael 22 Sep 2017
easy as pie.(but who said pie was easy?) used leftover pork roast and a spice mix that i had on hand that was pretty much perfect for this, Served with noodles and was happy. Usually the first time i use a recipe i do it as written. but felt comfortable ad libbing with this one.
Chris B. 16 Sep 2016
I left out the caraway seeds when I made this dish. Was very tasty. I also didn't cook it quite as long when I added the pork back in as it didn't need it.