- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 3 apples (firm tart, cored, quartered and cut in half crosswises)
- For marinade, in a small saucepan combine pineapple juice, oil, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- Place pork in a shallow dish; pour half the cooled marinade over pork. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Reserve the other half of the marinade and refrigerate.
- Drain pork, discarding used marinade. On six 12-inch skewers thread pork cubes, allowing space between cubes. Grill over medium coals about 10 minutes; turning frequently. On six more skewers, thread apple; grill along side pork kabobs an additional 5 minutes, brushing with reserved marinade.