- 2 pounds pork sirloin roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 10 ounces pepper (whole salad, drained, pepperoncini)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (crushed)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 8 ounces fettucine (OR spaghetti, cooked and drained)
- In Dutch oven or large covered pot, brown roast in hot oil on all sides. Drain off any excess fat. Seed and slice pepperoncini peppers. Add onion, sliced peppers, garlic, Italian seasoning and 1 cup of the broth to pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Add red pepper strips; cook 15 minutes more.
- Remove meat from pot. Stir together the remaining 1 cup broth and cornstarch. Add to pepper mixture in pot. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more. Slice meat to serve with hot pasta and pepper sauce.