- 4 bone in (or boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups ragu chunky pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup preserves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Brown chops in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; remove and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook red peppers and onion, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce, water, preserves, chili powder and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Return chops to skillet, turning chops to coat. Simmer covered 8 minutes or until chops are done. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or noodles.