Simply pork cooked with wine. Cook with a good wine to bring out the flavors. Serve with fettucine alfredo, Sauteed Green Beans, and a fresh baguette.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast (cut into 3/4-inch slices)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 small onion (peeled)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (halved)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon dijon (style mustard)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (stirred together with 1 teaspoon water)
- Brown pork in nonstick pan in oil over medium-high heat. Remove pork from pan, add onion and cook, stirring, until onions are browned. Remove onions from pan, add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Return pork and onions to pan, add broth, wine and mustard; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low heat 8-10 minutes. Stir in parsley. Remove pork and vegetables to serving dish and let rest for 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch-water mixture into cooking juices; bring to a boil, stirring; pour over pork.