Have extra zucchini from your garden? Did the neighbor's zucchini bush have a bumper crop? Try this stew with some bread and a side salad.
- 3 boneless pork chops (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 29 ounces stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 medium zucchini (halved lengthwis & sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a plastic or paper bag combine flour, garlic salt and pepper. Add pork cubes; shake until coated with flour mixture. Set aside. In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and green pepper until onion is tender but not brown. Add pork, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, basil and oregano; bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon stew into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nell 5 days ago
Like the idea of combining these ingredients but the directions are terrible.
Bill Niermeyer 21 Oct
This is excellent. Also easy.
Joe Yanos 10 Oct
Nothing fancy or difficult and pretty good! Might have beem good to brown the zucchini and mushrooms in a different pan to add a little more flavor.