- 3 boneless pork chops (cut into stir-fry strips)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped, OR 1 teaspoon dried)
- 8 cups fresh spinach (torn)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (large, OR yellow, cut into thin strips)
- 8 green onions (bias-sliced into 1-inch lengths)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup romano cheese (OR Parmesan cheese, grated)
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, sugar and dill. Place spinach and red cabbage in large salad bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir garlic for 30 seconds; add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet. Add pork strips to hot skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through. Return vegetables to skillet, add sauce, stir all ingredients to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Pour the pork mixture over the spinach mixture. Add peanuts and Romano cheese. Toss lightly to mix.