- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 pound pork shoulder (diced)
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms (halved)
- 1 pound onions (diced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound peppers (mixed, deseeded and chopped)
- 1/3 pound sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the pork in batches and brown for 3-4 mins. Remove from the pan then add the mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 mins. Add all the pork back into the pan along with the onion and paprika. Season then sauté for 4-5 mins, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 cups water to the saucepan, then lower the heat and gently simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Mix the peppers into the stew and cook for 30 more mins. Divide between 4 bowls and top with sour cream and chives.