- 4 New York pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce (torn, Boston or Bibb lettuce)
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced)
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil. Cook, turning to brown evenly, until just done, 8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet and let rest for 3 minutes and keep warm. Add any remaining oil to skillet and quickly sauté garlic until tender, 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add honey and vinegar, cook and stir one minute or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, strawberries, celery and vinegar mixture. Divide lettuce mixture among individual plates. Slice pork chops, spread evenly over salads. Garnish with pecans.