- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce (torn, Boston or Bibb lettuce)
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced)
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil. Cook, turning to brown evenly, until just done, 8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet and let rest for 3 minutes and keep warm. Add any remaining oil to skillet and quickly sauté garlic until tender, 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add honey and vinegar, cook and stir one minute or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, strawberries, celery and vinegar mixture. Divide lettuce mixture among individual plates. Slice pork chops, spread evenly over salads. Garnish with pecans.
Stacie M. 4 May
The most easiest way to use up left over pork shoulder roast! if you dont have pork chops use left over roast. I used the sweetener that we use instead of honey and added some oil to vinegar plus brie cheese cubes and Bob is your uncle! May not have done this recipe as is but what an inspirational recipe. So yummly! 😉