This flavorful stir-fry will please the whole family. Lean pork loin and healthful vegetables make this a nutritious choice for dinner.
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin (cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (divided)
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce (Kikkoman, divided)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (minced)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 medium carrot (cut diagonally into 1/8-inch thick slices)
- 1 onion (medium, sliced)
- 2 medium zucchini (cut diagonally into 1/8-inch thick slices)
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- cooked rice
- Coat pork slices with mixture of 1 tablespoon EACH cornstarch and soy sauce, and ginger. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce with vinegar, garlic powder and 1/2 cup water. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until browned; remove. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan. Add onion and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add zucchini; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in pork and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in peanuts; serve immediately with rice.
- Serves 4.