- 4 boneless pork chops (cut into stir-fry strips)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil (lightly packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (OR Romano cheese, grated)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces capellini (nested, angel hair pasta)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 onion (large, cut into thin wedges)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine sherry, finely chopped onion, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, minced garlic and pepper. Place pork strips in a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over pork strips; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- For pesto, in a blender container combine basil leaves and whole garlic. Cover and blend until finely chopped. Stop the blender several times to scrape the sides. Add Parmesan cheese to basil mixture. Cover and blend until smooth. Add 1/2 cup olive oil, a little at a time, blending well after each addition. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and keep warm. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter, broccoli and onion and cook & stir for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from skillet. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in skillet; drain pork strips, discarding marinade, and cook and stir pork for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Return cooked vegetables to skillet. Add pesto and cooked pasta. Toss until all ingredients are well coated. Spoon pasta mixture onto individual plates. Sprinkle with pine nuts.