Pork and Olive BruschettaPork
Sun-dried tomato pesto or eggplant or red pepper spread can be used instead of, or in addition to, the black or green olive spreads. The more spreads, the merrier! This is a versatile appetizer that goes well with either red or white wine. Go Italian with Chianti or Pinot Grigio, or serve Italian-style cocktails, such as Negronis or Campari and sodas.
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin (silverskin removed*)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/3 cup olive tapenade (green, or black olive spread, also called olivada or tapenade*)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio, for non-alcoholic, substitute chicken broth)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Combine Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over pork. Add to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2Leave pork in skillet and roast, turning occasionally, until an instant-read food thermometer inserted in center of pork reads 145 degrees F, 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits in pan with wooden spoon. Cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 4Slice pork crosswise into 24 slices. For each bruschetta, place 1 pork slice on each toasted baguette slice. Top with about 1/2 teaspoon olive spread and drizzle with pan juices. Serve warm.
- 5* If you desire to tie the tenderloin, cotton kitchen twine (also called butcher's twine) is handy to have on hand for a number of chores, especially tying tenderloin to help them keep their shape during cooking. If you don't have it, use unwaxed and unflavored dental floss.
- 6*Roasted red pepper spread or sun-dried tomato pesto, in addition to or substituting for the olive spread, also work well in this recipe.
- 7Makes 8 servings, 3 bruschetta each
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.