Pork and Caramelized Onion SandwichesPORK
There’s a double-onion whammy in these savory appetizers. The pork tenderloin is roasted in a crust of onions, and the sandwiches are laced with a sweet-and-savory onion jam.
- 2 onions (large, thinly sliced, about 3 cups)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. rosemary leaves (fresh, minced OR 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco Pepper Sauce (divided)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 whole pork tenderloins (about one pound each)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. bread crumbs (plain)
- 24 buns (cocktail)
- 5 Spanish onions
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- Place onion slices from 2 onions, 1 tbs olive oil, rosemary, 1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce, garlic, salt and cloves in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mix well. Place tenderloins in dish and coat with onion mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork from onions and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add onions and marinade and cook, stirring one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 12-15 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown and very tender (add 1 tablespoon of water if skillet gets too dry). Add 1 1/2 teaspoon wine and simmer until evaporated. Remove from heat. Add bread crumbs and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce to onions and toss to mix well. Set aside.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories260Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes