Stir-fry dishes can be your own "fast food". Add more or less red pepper for your household's tastes. Serve over rice or crunchy noodles.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin (cut into thin slices)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 10 ounces green beans (frozen cut, thawed)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet; add pork strips and garlic and stir-fry until lightly browned. Add green beans; stir-fry until the beans and pork are tender, about 5 minutes. Push the meat and beans to one side of the skillet. Add sugar, soy sauce, red pepper and ginger; stir to dissolve sugar. Add sesame oil and vinegar. Stir to coat meat and beans. Serve immediately with cooked rice, if desired.