Need a new idea for leftover pork loin? Try this primavera that uses barley instead of pasta.
- 1 pound boneless pork chops (thin-cut, cut into stir-fry strips)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 3/4 cup pearl barley (quick-cooking, uncooked)
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers)
- 1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with salt. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds. Remove pork from skillet.
- Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Stir in barley. Return to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 7 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and carrots. Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer, covered, 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of broth is absorbed. Return pork to skillet mixture. Heat through. Stir in pesto. Serve immediately.