Pork & 3-bean ChiliPork Foodservice
- 7 pounds lean ground pork
- 6 cups green bell pepper (diced)
- 6 cups onions (peeled, chopped)
- 4 cups celery (chopped)
- 3 cups carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 ounce worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces unsalted tomato sauce (canned)
- 5 ounces tomatoes (unsalted, canned, chopped, not drained)
- 8 ounces salsa (thick and chucky sauce, mild)
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin (ground)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 1/4 pounds pinto beans (canned, drained)
- 2 1/4 pounds kidney beans (canned, drained)
- 1 1/2 pounds garbanzo beans (canned, drained)
- 1 1/2 pounds low-fat cheese (American, OR low fat Cheddar cheese, shredded)
- 1Brown pork.
- 3Combine peppers, onion, celery, carrots, water, sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salsa, and spices with the pork in a steam jacketed kettle or tilting fry pan.
- 4Blend well.
- 5Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring as needed to prevent scorching.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- 7Stir as needed to prevent scorching.
- 8Add beans to vegetable and pork mixture.
- 9Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- 10Stir as needed to prevent scorching.
- 11Pour into serving pans. Cover.
- 12Holding CCP: Hold product at 140º F or above.
- 13Top each individual serving with 1/2 ounce cheese
- 14Pour mixture in two inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40ºF within 4 hours.
- 15Reheating CCP: Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140ºF or higher to serve.