Carol Nau of Waverly had the first place winner from the Nebraska State Fair. Add a green salad and hot roll for a delicious meal to wow even a king!
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup salad dressing (Catalina)
- 1 tart apples (medium, chopped)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (1/2 of a 2-oz package)
- 1/4 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chops in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mix together cranberry sauce, salad dressing, apple, onion soup mix and pecans. Pour over chops. Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta.