Linda Cifuentes of Mahomet created this spicy dish that won first place at Illinois State Fair
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons salsa seasoning mix (such as McCormick® Salsa Seasoning Mix)
- 1 cup tomatillos (sliced)
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced)
- 1/2 cup green olives (with pimento, sliced, drained)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salsa seasoning mix (such as McCormick® Salsa Seasoning Mix)
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salsa spice evenly over both sides of pork. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat until hot. Add the pork; cook 2 minutes, turn and cook 1 minute; top with the remaining ingredients, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes or until pork is very tender.
- Serves 4; 1 pork chop and 1/4 cup corn mixture per serving.