- 4 packages dumpling (wrapper,round and vacuum packed, app. 14 pcs per pack)
- 0.5 kilograms pork meat (minced or ground)
- 1/2 cup water chestnut (singkamas grated)
- 1/4 cup leaves (young spring onion, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 46 pieces shrimp (slices or you can use single small prawn)
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a bowl,mix together the ff: minced/ground pork, water chestnut,spring onion,light soy sauce, sesame oil, pinch of sugar,salt and pepper and cornstarch.
- Mix evenly and set aside in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Place 1 tsp of meat mixture in the centre of the dumpling skin then add 1 prawn/ a cut of prawn in the center of meat mixture.Make sure the prawn is covered with meat mixture.