- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (or Boneless Pork Loin, Cut Into 1-inch Cubes)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion (Large, Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno chilies (Seeded and Minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (Minced)
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest (Grated)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- lime wedges (as Garnish)
- cilantro (Additional, Chopped, as Garnish)
- Season pork cubes with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven and sauté pork in batches until nicely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate. Stir in onion, chiles and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft. Add pork back in along with broth, cilantro, zest and juice. Bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 1/4 hours, until meat is fork-tender and liquid has thickened.
- Serve garnished with lime wedges and chopped cilantro with warm tortillas and black beans on the side.