- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops (thin, 4 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 5 ounces button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- roast vegetables (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on high heat. Cook pork for 1 min each side or until seared. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- Melt butter in pan. Cook and stir onion and mushrooms for 3-5 mins or until tender. Stir in chives. Cool.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half. For each Wellington, top pork chop with mushroom mixture. Place pork on half of the pastry. Brush edges with egg. Fold pastry over to enclose pork and form a rectangular parcel, pressing to seal.
- Place parcels on prepared pan; brush tops with egg.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden and cooked through. Serve with roast vegetables.