- 1 pound pork loin (cooked, chopped or shredded)
- 16 ounces plums (purple)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded, 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup green onion (diagonally-sliced)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Drain plums, reserving 3/4 cup of the juice. Remove and discard pits . Coarsely chop plums. Place plum juice, plums, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger in blender container or food processor; puree or process till smooth.
- In a large skillet combine pork and plum mixture. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until sauce is reduced enough to just coat pork.
- Meanwhile, place tortillas on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
- Spoon pork mixture onto tortillas. Sprinkle cabbage, cheese and green onion atop. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.