- 1 pound pork loin (center roast, boneless)
- 2 cups refried black beans (or refried pinto beans)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos
- 3 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (non-fat)
- 6 bolillos (sliced in half)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Roast pork until the internal temperature as measured with an instant-read thermometer reaches 145 degrees F., about 20-30 minutes. Remove pork from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board and carve into very thin slices.
- Use your fingers to hollow out the bottom half of the bread. Spread 1/3 cup of beans in the hollow of each half. Arrange 3 to 4 pork slices over the beans; layer on the pickled jalapeños, tomatoes and cilantro. Spread mayonnaise on the top half of the bread and place on top to make a sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Add avocado slices for additional flavor.
- Make 6 sandwiches.