For a quick and easy version of this pasta classic, use leftover Cuban Glazed Pork Loin. Serve with a mixed green salad and breadsticks to bring the meal together.
- 2 cups pork loin roast (cooked, cubed *)
- 8 ounces linguine (OR other favorite pasta)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups Alfredo sauce (purchased)
- parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- In the meantime, sauté chopped onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat with oil until beginning to soften. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender. Stir in Alfredo sauce and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir in cubed pork roast and just heat through.
- Drain the cooked pasta and toss in the pork mixture. Sprinkle the dish generously with Parmesan and serve.