Pork Tenderloin with MushroomsHoje para Jantar
Pork tenderloin is a lean and relatively quick cooking option for everyday dinners. Because it is so lean, you'll want to allow it to marinate for about a half hour to boost the flavor and help ensure it stays juicy during cooking. Here, the pork is drizzled with balsamic vinegar and wine and then seared with a bit of butter and garlic until browned and cooked through, and the marinade is cooked along with the mushrooms and reduced to a sauce.
- 400 grams pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon pepper (paste)
- 6 bay leaves (crumbled)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 200 grams Paris mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 200 milliliters red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 150 milliliters olive oil
- 1Trim fat from pork loin and place on a platter.
- 2Season tenderloin with pepper paste, bay leaves, garlic and salt.
- 3Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and wine.
- 4Marinate for 30 minutes.
- 5In a frying pan, heat butter and oil.
- 6Cook meat and garlic over low heat and set aside remaining marinade.
- 7Clean mushrooms, slice and add to pan with meat and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 8Add liquid from the marinade and let reduce.
- 9Serve pork and mushrooms with white rice and salad.