- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 3 1/2 ounces pepperoni slices (finely chopped, 3/4-cup)
- 5 ounces brie cheese (creamy herb)
- 3/4 cup crackers (rich round, crushed)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and pepperoni and sauté on medium heat until tender. Drain fat. Add Brie and stir until melted. Stir in crushed crackers until well blended.
- Place a piece of foil (large enough to wrap around the tenderloin) on a baking sheet. Place the tenderloin on foil and cut diagonal slits approximately 1 inch apart, cutting to but not through the bottom of the tenderloin. Gently separate each slit and spoon in a mounded tablespoon of Brie stuffing. Sprinkle with pepper. Seal the foil loosely around the tenderloin. Place in heated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Open foil almost flat and bake 10 minutes longer or until internal temperature is 145 degrees F. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serves 4
- Garnishing Ideas: Wash several whole mushrooms and remove the stems. Reserve several tablespoons of stuffing and fill the mushroom caps. Bake along with the tenderloin for the first 30 minutes. Cherry tomatoes and parsley can add color.
- Make Ahead Option: The tenderloin can be assembled, wrapped in foil and refrigerated overnight. Let stand at room temperature approximately 20 minutes before baking the next day.