- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 pound bacon (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with a little water until smooth)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound fresh gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5 sprigs fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Season the pork and wrap the bacon strips around it. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and sear the pork, turning, for 5 mins. Transfer to the baking tray and roast for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the wine and stock to the frying pan, bring to a boil and simmer for 3 mins. Stir in the cornstarch slurry, bring to a boil again and simmer for 1 min. Season and add a pinch of sugar. Strain into a clean saucepan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the gnocchi over medium heat, turning, for 8-10 mins, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Remove the pork from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 mins.
- Wipe the frying pan clean, then heat the olive oil and sauté the onions for 2 mins. Stir in the tomatoes and sauté for 3-4 mins. Season and add a pinch of sugar. Stir in the basil.
- To serve, reheat the sauce, slice the pork and arrange on serving plates with the tomatoes. Drizzle with sauce and serve with the gnocchi.
|Calories860Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|