- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root (minced)
- 1/4 cup green onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (minced)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno chiles (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cheese (jalapeno, grated)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise almost in half. Lay out flat. Chill. Combine next seven ingredients in food processor, puree. Add olive oil slowly until mixture thickens. Spread half of mixture over tenderloin. Spread grated cheese over pesto. Reform tenderloin and tie to secure. Spread remaining pesto over tenderloin. Chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow baking pan and roast 20 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from oven, cover and keep warm. Let rest for 10 minutes; reserving all juices.
- Remove string from tenderloin, cut into eight slices. Arrange on plates. Pour any warm juices over slice. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts to serve.