- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions (halved, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds pork tenderloins
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk
- steamed rice (to serve)
- cilantro sprigs (fresh, to serve)
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions for 5-7 mins, until very soft. Add ginger, garlic, chili paste and ground cumin. Cook for 2 mins, until fragrant. Add pork, coconut milk and 1/3 cup water. Cover and simmer for 20 mins. Remove lid and simmer for 15 mins, until pork is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Remove pork and slice.
- Distribute pork between serving plates. Drizzle with coconut sauce. Serve with rice and fresh cilantro.