This is a great recipe to make if you have leftover pork tenderloin from another meal, like the Pork Quinoa Salad with Cherries and Balsamic. Try combining sliced pork tenderloin with all your favorite pizza toppings—pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppe…
s, ham and pineapple. On the side, serve a crunchy green salad with Italian dressing.
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin (about 3/4 of one tenderloin)
- 7 ounces sweet italian sausage (2 links)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces pizza dough (prepared)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 1/4 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 pitted kalamata olives (halved)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Meanwhile, arrange pork tenderloin on a rimmed baking sheet, rub it with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast pork until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, about 25 to 30 minutes. Set aside to rest 10 minutes.
- While pork is roasting, warm a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sausage (removed from the casing) and cook, stirring and breaking the sausage up into bite-size pieces, until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.