Pork Tenderloin Satay with Brandy Pear RelishPORK
The pear relish can be prepared the day before. Enjoy these appetizers as part of a party buffet with Ham, Gorgonzola and Pear Crostini.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound, partially frozen)
- 15.25 oz. Bartlett pears in heavy syrup
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root (finely chopped OR grated)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 18 water (6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in, for at least 30 minutes**)
- To make relish, drain pears, reserving juice; chop and set aside. Pour pear juice into 1-quart saucepan; stir in preserves, onion, brandy, ginger and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and slightly thickened. Remove from heat; allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, slice pork tenderloin into 1/4-inch-thick medallions; place in a resealable plastic bag. Pour about 1/2 cup cooled juice mixture over pork in bag; seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Gently stir together chopped pears, remaining juice mixture and raisins; refrigerate until serving time. When ready to cook, spray broiler pan with cooking spray and preheat broiler. Discard the marinade. Thread pork medallions onto skewers. Place pork skewers on broiler pan about 7 inches from broiler. Broil for 3 minutes per side. Serve with Brandy Pear Relish.
- Makes 16 to 18 appetizer servings.
- *If apricot pieces are too large, use kitchen shears to cut into small pieces.
- ** Soaking wooden skewers in water helps to keep them from charring under the broiler.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories70Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes