- 1 piece pork tenderloin
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 15 grams butter
- 100 grams meat
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil
- orange slices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (approximately 300°F).
- Season meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy skillet (important so that neither the meat nor the butter get burnt), heat margarine until melts starts foaming.
- When margarine starts to brown slightly, place meat in pan.
- Sear meat on all sides, turn with tongs or spatula.
- Tip: Do not use a fork to turn meat, so that meat surface is not pierced and juices released.
- In a baking dish, add chopped onion, peeled and finely chopped tomatoes, bay leaf and olive oil.
- Transfer meat to the baking pan and top with orange slices.
- Bake for about 2 1/2 hours.