- 6 pounds elbow macaroni (whole wheat)
- 3 quarts black beans (canned, drained)
- 2 1/2 quarts unsalted diced tomatoes (canned)
- 2 quarts red enchilada sauce (mild)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 1/2 pounds pork crumbles (cooked)
- 4 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded, low fat)
- 3 1/2 cups sour cream (light)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (Chipotle-flavored)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Drain well.
- In a large kettle mix together beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, spices and pork.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture simmers, gently stirring occasionally.
- Continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Gently stir as needed.
- Add hot mixture to the cooked pasta
- Stir in 2 ½ cups of the cheese into the pasta mixture.
- Spoon into a steam table pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Hold at 140° Fahrenheit until ready to serve.
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream, pepper sauce and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- At the time of service remove foil from the pasta mixture and sprinkle with the remaining 2½ cups of cheese.
- Dollop chipotle cream as a garnish on each portion when serving. Serve immediately once garnished.