- 3 1/4 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 cup onions (peeled, chopped)
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned, drained, chopped)
- 1/2 cup green chiles (chopped)
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning
- 25 taco shells (OR taco boats)
- 2 cups tomatoes (fresh, chopped)
- 5 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 4 cups cheddar cheese low fat (shredded)
- 3 cups salsa
- Brown pork and onions.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili peppers, and seasoning mix.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Holding CCP: Hold at 140ºF or above until ready to serve.
- Place taco shells in a single layer on baking trays.
- Warm shells per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Spread in each shell 3 Tbsp. (#24 disher) refried beans and 3 Tbsp. of the meat mixture.
- Heat in a 350ºF oven for approximately 10 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155ºF is reached.
- To serve: top with 1 Tbsp. chopped tomatoes, 3 Tbsp. lettuce, 3 Tbsp. of cheese and 2 Tbsp. of salsa.
- Pour mixture in two-inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40ºF within 4 hours
- Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140ºF or higher to serve.