Pork Taco BoatsPork Foodservice
- 3 1/4 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 cup onions (peeled, chopped)
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned, drained, chopped)
- 1/2 cup green chile (chopped)
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning
- 25 taco shells (OR taco boats)
- 2 cups tomatoes (fresh, chopped)
- 5 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 4 cups low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups salsa
- 1Brown pork and onions.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, chili peppers, and seasoning mix.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Holding CCP: Hold at 140ºF or above until ready to serve.
- 7Place taco shells in a single layer on baking trays.
- 8Warm shells per manufacturer’s instructions.
- 9Spread in each shell 3 Tbsp. (#24 disher) refried beans and 3 Tbsp. of the meat mixture.
- 10Heat in a 350ºF oven for approximately 10 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155ºF is reached.
- 11To serve: top with 1 Tbsp. chopped tomatoes, 3 Tbsp. lettuce, 3 Tbsp. of cheese and 2 Tbsp. of salsa.
- 12Pour mixture in two-inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40ºF within 4 hours
- 13Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140ºF or higher to serve.