- 2 firm tofu (400 grams,s 14 oz, cut into 16 – 5 x 5 x 2 ½ pieces, 2 x 2 x 1 inch)
- 2 mushrooms (dried Chinese, shiitake, soaked and sliced finely)
- 55 grams prawns (deveined, shrimp and roughly chopped)
- 55 grams minced pork (ground)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch (OR un-modified potato starch)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock (ready-made)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 spring onions (finely sliced)
- Parboil the tofu in lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes until firm, then drain.
- Cut a slit in the bottom of each tofu triangle and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the mushrooms, minced prawns (shrimp), pork, salt, egg white, rice wine, soy sauce and enough corn/potato starch to hold the mix together.
- Fill each slit with the filling - the tofu will gape open to show the filling.
- Heat the oil in a wok, then fry the tofu for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Pour off the excess oil, then add the stock, oyster sauce and bring back to the boil.
- Braise for 5-6 minutes, sprinkle with spring (green) onions before serving. Serve with rice, enjoy!
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Spicy Tofu with PorkFood52
Ginger Pork And TofuHealthy Food Guide NZ
Tofu With Minced PorkTaste Of Asian Food
Tofu with Pork and CashewsAllRecipes
Minced Pork and Tofu FrittersChina Sichuan Food
Chinese Braised Tofu with Ground PorkSteamy Kitchen
Steamed Tofu with Ground PorkRasa Malaysia
Tofu Garden Salad SandwichesHellmann's
Sauteed Pear & Apple StuffingHellmann's