- 1/2 pound ground pork (lean)
- 1 eggplant (medium)
- 1 green bell pepper (small, coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- Wash eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Remove pulp, leaving the eggplant shell about 1/4-inch thick. Cut pulp into 1/2-inch cubes. Set shells and pulp aside.
- In a large skillet cook ground pork, green pepper, onion and garlic till pork is browned; drain excess drippings. Add eggplant pulp, water, oregano and pepper; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in tomato. Spoon mixture into eggplant shells. Place in a 12x8x2-inch baking dish. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.