Pork steaks are an economical cut from the shoulder area. Braising brings out the flavor and makes them tender. This sauce gives an exotic taste to the dinner table. Serve with rice and snow peas.
- 4 pork blade steaks (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 onions (large, cut into small wedges)
- 2 carrots (sliced, 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- nonstick spray
- In 1 cup measure, combine the 1/2 cup water, peanut butter and bouillon granules. Stir with fork until well blended; set aside.
- Trim any excess fat from steaks. Spray a 12-inch skillet with nonstick coating. Brown blade steaks over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove meat from skillet. Add onion, carrot, garlic and curry powder to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute. Push vegetables aside; return meat to skillet. Push vegetables on top of meat. Pour peanut butter mixture over all. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat to platter. Combine the 1/3 cup water and cornstarch. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Serve steaks with sauce.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories750Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes