Pork Sirloin with Caramelized Onion and Goat CheeseYERBABUENA EN LA COCINA
Juicy pork with a just a hint of sweet. Serve them as appetizers, as a side dish, or even as the main course of your meal. Pork mixed with black pepper, goat cheese, onion, and sugar, folded into pastry dough and baked. Experience pork like you’ve n…
ver had it before. Top with extra sugar or cheese for extra flavor.
- 1 sheet puffed pastry
- 3 pork (sirloins)
- ground black pepper
- 1 goat cheese
- 2 onions (medium, julienned)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 honey (spoonful)
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Saute the onion in olive oil over low heat. When tender, add the honey and let cook for a few moments before adding the balsamic vinegar. When it has released its liquids and become sweet, remove from heat.
- Cut the sirloin into thick strips, salt and pepper, and sear in a pan to partially cook on both sides.
- Cut the puffed pastry into circles with a serving ring and flatten slightly so that it does not rise more than necessary. Cut strips from the puffed pastry and place all around the edge of the circles to form a raised edge. Bake the puffed pastry circles until slightly golden.
- Place the caramelized onion, sirloin strips, and goat cheese into the puffed pastry circles. Place in the oven until the puffed pastry is completely browned.
|Calories670Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.